Products Not Showing In The Shop.. Again?

Discussion in 'Bug Reporting' started by CaptH, May 27, 2024.

1. CaptH
    CaptH Well-Known Member
    I've been waiting for two days for some items I've rendered public to show up in the shop. Still nothing.
    Can we please sort this thing out as is an issue that's been known for years? I've got customers waiting.

CH

2. MitchellJetten
    MitchellJetten Shapeways Employee CS Team
    Seen a few reports come through Customer Service today as well and filed a report!
    The dev team has been asked to handle this with some urgency :)

note for your waiting customers: the products are for sale and can be accessed through direct link which you can share with them.

3. CaptH
    CaptH Well-Known Member
    Thank you.

I know the products can already be ordered, it's just that sending 10+ product links to each and every customer interested in a specific kit is an exercise in wasting time. I'll just wait for the problem to be fixed.

I appreciate your quick reply.

CH

4. MitchellJetten
    Products are being reindexed as we speak! We're also investigating the rootcause to make sure this won't happen again (until another problem shows up that isnt covered by this fix)

CaptH likes this.
  5. 15 days later, the Shapeways web site still renders as blank pages, on all browsers (Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Braveā€¦) on desktop and mobile. What gives?

6. MitchellJetten
    We have not had any reports about this.
    Can you share some screenshots?

7. I just looked again and all is ok today. But yesterday, no product was showing up (the general listings ok, but not the individual pages for each product). Sometimes, I had to scroll up and down the page and release the mouse button for the content to appear, but this didn't work every time. I took care of disabling content blockers of course. Maybe it was my computer, but cross-testing and verifying that it occured with several browsers seems to contradict this hypothesis.

8. coelian276
    coelian276 Well-Known Member
    No product i've loaded up today is showing in my shop or the marketplace.

9. barkingdigger
    barkingdigger Well-Known Member
    Yeah, and with it being Friday there's no chance it'll get fixed before Monday!

10. CaptH
    CaptH Well-Known Member
    I had the same issue yesterday, but logged in today to find everything where it should be. Still, these waiting times are a bit of a pain, to put it extremely mildly.

11. Same here, I also had the same.

12. barkingdigger
    barkingdigger Well-Known Member
    Shapeways went bankrupt on 1 July so no new products will ever be processed - sorry to be the bearer of bad news.