Want to join in a massive project? Making N-scale military models for Christmas live train show.

Discussion in '3D Design Requests' started by cherokeeblade, Mar 26, 2015.

1. cherokeeblade
    cherokeeblade Well-Known Member
    As you know many designers have been helping me on a project in N-scale or 1:160 scale.
    Building a 100 flatcar Military train Since January when I got handed this project for this up coming Christmas Live Show in 2015. So give me a year to put this massive train in N-scale together.
    We using this website which has the best list for Modern U.S. Military Vehicles and support equipment. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_currently_active_United _States_military_land_vehicles
    Also youtube looking at different videos of military flat car loads.
    So like to give s big thank you to following designers so far. Plus feel free to buy some there designs for yourself. Awesome work All.
    Designer shapeway store front Notes
    Gvrocksnow Jeevi
    KYMatti Matti's mini Many are 1/144 scale love to see reduce down to N-scale. His Hemtt's are smaller then mine kitbash.
    Eagle Positive Climb
    PTLmyoung Chuck Place
    Evolde Evolution Designees
    3d Modellbaueu 3d Modellbaueu Germany A new comer to this project who has posted new modern military design Humvees.
    Steve3d Coolhand A good friend who does some sci-fi models I have gotten from him.

That it as far as ones that been posting on shapeways I like to say thank you for your support.
    So never to late post something If your a designer who got a storefront on shapeway or new upcoming designer. let me know. I'll buy a few . Plus I believe others will too. People are all way looking for items in N-scale. Eaither for model railroading or 10mm war gaming.
    If you like to learn more or follow the progress. Join over at facebook look for Meadowbrook church model Model railroaders group. https://www.facebook.com/groups/323013387854708/
    Plus learn more items we are interested in. Also come April I will be doing a class about 3d printing and shapeways. Interested in attending contact us.
    Learn how Shapways, 3d printing is shaping the new way for model railroaders.
    Also there another military train in Ho scale being built to honor those from ww2
    Have nice day and again Thank you designers for the support Hope to see new items soon. Still got long list to go. to reach 100 flatcars loads.
    God Bless
    Cherokeeblade
    goodlot.jpg

2. tietreats
    tietreats Active Member
    Looks like a fun project your working on. What models are you looking for if someone wanted to join in?

3. cherokeeblade
    Not picky I just been trying to catch up with today modern army. I collect 1 vehicle just for my n-scale collection. The extra I donate out to club . Or use them for war gaming. I got big WW2 through Vietnam collection of old resin castings. I made over the years and Commercial stuff.
    But when we did last year Christmas live show that was telecast to the troops. That when I got ask if There any way to make more modern type military vehicles. So that the new goal this year. Because some the troops have very little space for models etc. I have box up lot my n-scale car castings and sent them over. So now I'm learning 3d printing and getting help from designers. Still have not figure out how to scale down to print yet.
    But we been using the list off Wikipedia to go by and I list all the of designers who been working off that list too. Because some are like me just hobbyist at this too. One guy just does air force vehicles from the list.. another does British versions of our U.S. version. etc.
    What I'm hurting on because I got lot military trailers and tankers is the new FAVT or is it call FAMT family of up armor trucks. I found some cads for them for sell on the net. But they was all bad links. I figure it was starting point for me to try my hand at it. Lot harder then doing movies in Poser.
    I do have some scratch built M938 for now. But want to replace them with more detail 3d print models.
    But feel free to post anything you feel like. Plus I heard from few designers and friends that have store fronts. Might not pay much. But it a steady income of beer money. LOL I'll will get to them. My wife keep me on a budget. Or I could easily spending a k on 3dprints each month. LOL
    Thank you
    Cherokeeblade
    These are micromachine and resin castings I made over the years . Really like to replace them to fit a N-scale flatcars. Plus some not very detail. Mainly use them as counter or tokens in war games.
    1918499_1224003129082_2261814_n.jpg

4. tietreats
    tietreats Active Member
    Thanks for the information. I have family in the military( brother really into planes). I haven't do much with scale models. What material is best for N-scale?

5. cherokeeblade
    Depends on the walls and thickness of the model. Airplanes most use frosted or ultra frosted. Draw back very brittle. Don't drop. Some have use strong and flexible. Most use frosted for the best detail. Most time I will try strong and flexible plastic first. then go to harder materials. Shapeway team will advise you of any problems in print and suggest a better material. If I'm doing N-scale cars I end up using a expensive plastic the smooth and strong. But for Military I strong and flexible is ok. Once I get the hang of this or have the time to better learn all this 3d printing. I be like gangbuster on here. posting Models. But for now got rely on others. I see a great long term investment by using this company. I may not seam like a lot money. Not worth one time
    Thank for asking Mike.

20150115_090522[1].jpg

6. Pedr0Kaz
    Pedr0Kaz Member