Stuck Uploads

Discussion in 'Bug Reporting' started by MMShapeways, Jun 15, 2017.

1. DaveC1964
    DaveC1964 Active Member
    I have single parts that are stuck since Friday so multi vs single isn't it.

1068084_deleted likes this.
  2. MMShapeways
    MMShapeways Well-Known Member
    I'm starting to get a little p*ssed now. Nearly a week and still no resolution. Is anyone actually managing to get anything processed? Already missing out on a few hundred dollars worth of orders. I've literally got 30+ files ready to upload, but right now there's no point. Could we have a progress report please Shapeways? or do I have to go to the big dude at the top? Is it even being looked at? do we have an estimate on when this will be resolved? Sorry for the urgency but if your new algoritm can't even process a simple cuboid shape then there's a developer in the wrong job. Am I missing something here?

3. stannum
    stannum Well-Known Member
    [​IMG]
    The diagnosis could take some time... maybe they don't have the foggiest idea what is going on. *rimshot*

Last edited: Jun 20, 2017
    MMShapeways likes this.
  4. MitchellJetten
    MitchellJetten Shapeways Employee CS Team
    We are still trying to identify why some models are failing.

I did a test yesterday ranging from small to really big (1.3 million polygons with 150shells)
    upload_2017-6-20_8-28-7.png

And they processed just fine:
    upload_2017-6-20_8-29-0.png

So we have yet to identify what's happening with these models that aren't processing.

5. MMShapeways
    What about the cuboid test model you said failed? how very curious. Notice the Netfabb icon on your files. Have these been run through the Netfabb online utility or the personal version?[/QUOTE]

6. MitchellJetten
    Nope, these came directly from 3ds max, netfabb is just the default program selected for stl files.
    these files all still had to be processed by our MP (fix shells)

7. MMShapeways
    Hmmm, ok. May try running the files through 3ds Max. generally my files either come through MakePrintable or the online Netfabb where there have been no issues for the past 600+ files.... The process of elimination eh?

8. MitchellJetten
    Yeah the reason I uploaded those 10+ models is to find the breaking point.
    Looking if we can find that "thing" what causes the model to fail.

Unfortunately they all just processed fine :/

9. MitchellJetten
    One thing I am noticing right now is that all that have failed had a surface area above 10000mm2 not sure if it means something yet tho :)

10. MitchellJetten
    I've reprocessed all your files @sozzap23 , they are now available ;) enjoy!

11. MitchellJetten
    The issue has been resolved.
    New uploads are working fine again :) (We are reprocessing stuck files but are taking our time to do this so we don't overflow the system)

12. 1068084_deleted
    1068084_deleted Active Member
    Hm .. model that was not calculated has disappeared.
    I think this is good, I will simply upload it again.
    Thank you
    Interesting would be the error to learn, was it on models or on the system?

13. MMShapeways
    Thanks a lot Mitchell. If you could pass on my regards to the dev team, nice work. All is well... for the time being :)

14. HOLDEN8702
    HOLDEN8702 Well-Known Member
    Of course is resolved. YOU HAVE DELETED ALL MY STUCK MODELS!

As usual, thanks for nothing. You usually fix the problems in the worse way to the designers.

15. MitchellJetten
    We have not deleted any models @holden

16. MitchellJetten
    @Sonic_Sun did you happen to upload models after the ones that were stuck in calculating that did process succesfully?
    The models that were stuck won't appear on top but somewhat lower in your MyModels list based on upload timestamp

Edit: seeing that some models went to unprintable page (my models -> unprintable checkbox)
    Will try to see if these are legit failed models or some other bug

Edit2: we've found models that went to unprintable, we'll see why (for some reason it's missing the file in our system).
    We'll look into this as well.
    For what its worth, uploading again will work :)

1068084_deleted likes this.
  17. HOLDEN8702
    HOLDEN8702 Well-Known Member
    Then where are these FOUR models stuck from the last Friday?

You have deleted them from the list!

18. MitchellJetten
    See the post above Holden:

"Edit: seeing that some models went to unprintable page (my models -> unprintable checkbox)"

We are trying to identify why those are unprintable and if they are legit.
    There are roughly 100 models that became unprintable, right now we are trying to see which ones are legit failures and if there are models that shouldn't have ended up there.

Uploading the model will work, but if you are not in a hurry, we'll do our best to have the rest reprocessed :)

Mitch

19. DaveC1964
    DaveC1964 Active Member
    One of mine that was stuck just now has a message: "We're unable to process this file. Check your file for errors and click 'Update File' to upload a new version."

It shows up fine in the preview window though. Looks like it isn't quite fixed, guru meditation.

20. Model_Monkey
    Model_Monkey Well-Known Member
    Sounds right. That is probably the problem affecting the file I have stuck, as other, smaller surface area files upload with no problem. I get the same "We're unable to process this file. Check your file for errors and click 'Update File' to upload a new version." message that DaveC gets, but only for this one very large surface area file.

I tried uploading the file again twice today but got the same error message. Since it is a simple enlargement of another design, I think the problem is the bug rather than the "model is not manifold". The smaller scale model of the same design uploaded and printed perfectly.

SPIN: JMCHQSHJS

Thanks for working hard to fix this.