Sales Data

Discussion in 'Shapeways API' started by nigelren, Aug 16, 2017.

1. nigelren
    nigelren Well-Known Member
    I'm just trying to get a shop setup with some models I've designed. There are two parts (but many questions) as to why I've come to the API...

1) Each item is customised (by me) with text the customer enters. I've not found out how this process happens - as in how I get informed an order has been placed and how I upload the specific model for that order. I was hoping that the API could help in that, but I think that as the order is placed by another user, I don't think I can get their orders. Not sure if the uploading model functionality will help.

2) If I can't directly work with the orders, it would be useful to have something which allows me to fetch the sales (which indirectly links to the the customers order), at least then I could check what's new and help keep track of where I am in the process. I can download a CSV of the sales from the shop, but it would be useful to be able to do it via the API (Something like sales between a date range, or a specific status). If there is some existing method of doing this (automatically) then that would be a good alternative.

I managed to get the basic functionality working last night for the API and although there were a few false starts, it seems to be fairly simple (in PHP anyway). I'm more worried about the publicising my work than the technical aspects ATM.

2. nigelren
    nigelren Well-Known Member
    Managed to get a routine to automatically log in and download sales data instead as nothing seems to have happened here.