Are Anyone. Else Sales Down This Month?

Discussion in 'Shapeways Shops' started by bwterrainforge, Jun 5, 2024.

1. bwterrainforge
    bwterrainforge Well-Known Member
    Hi Everyone,

This is more to the tabletop miniature group but frankly anyone can chime in. Right now I am seeing the lowest sales I have seen since March 2020. Since we dont have access to google analytics any longer there is no way to tell whats doing on.

I have asked support already and am waiting to hear back, but I wanted to open it up to the community.

2. barkingdigger
    barkingdigger Well-Known Member
    Since the full effect of Brexit kicked in and shipping fees (plus tax) from SW to the UK skyrocketed, I'm sure sales to UK buyers has tanked. I gave up ordering from SW entirely and now get my models printed locally - but it does mean I cannot access other SW sellers' models at all now.

3. bwterrainforge
    Well personally I think something was up. My total commission for June 15th was the lowest since Dec 2022 when a lot of shops in the hobby vertical mentioned slow sales. I was down to a little over 50% my usual.

I think its more something was up with their site because after I contacted support. First I was told sales were down on the whole marketplace so they would be doing a sale on fine detail.

But even before the sale started and publicized my sales flew up an its not even half way through the month (15th - 15th) and I am almost at the commission I made last month.

It would be great if Shapeways would fix the google pixel so we could see whats going on sadly their google analytics still is not accessible and they block me from doing a script or a img tag with a script =S

4. bwterrainforge
    @MitchellJetten

I wanted to get a follow up on this something happened last month and I dont think it was a lull in sales and traffic via marketplace

Three points

1. my sales for June 15 - July 15 are already at 50% my usually sales so on ttrack for the usual vs my June 15 payment was 50% my usual for may 15 - june 15

2. Today at abour 930 am EDT your site was down I rechecked randomly as I was trying to respond to a customer via your messages Cloud Flare constantly said messages, my shop, forums, and shop sales were all times out

3. GET THE GOOGLE ANALYTICS BACK UP AND RUNNING OR ALLOW SHOP OWNERS TO ADD THE HTML INTO THEIR SHOP HEADER. WE HAVE NO VIEW ON TRAFFIC AND CANT FORCAST WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON. ITS A SIMPLE TEMPLATE OF PREMADE CODE FROM GOOGLE THAT YOU NEED TO INJECT A VARIABLE WE PROVIDE THE VALUE OF. AT THIS POINT WE LOST ALL HISTORIC DATA AND HAVE TO SUSPECT INCOMPETENCE ON THE RUNNING OF THE SITE WHENEVER THERE IS AN ISSUE.

Thanks for you time

Jeff

5. Ngineer
    Ngineer Well-Known Member
    Well, I think now you know. I guess Shapeways couldn't pay for Google ads or something.

6. barkingdigger
    barkingdigger Well-Known Member
    Bang goes my outstanding $25 of mark-up!