Update On Fine Detail Plastic Pricing

Discussion in 'Official Announcements' started by avim, Apr 23, 2019.

1. adbinc
    adbinc Well-Known Member
    I can confirm -- the pieces got smaller and the price went up. We've taken five minis off the market because of this.

2. avim
    avim Shapeways Employee Product Team
    Thanks - I'll discuss with the physical product team to see what the cause is.

3. javelin98
    javelin98 Well-Known Member
    I had the same experience with sprued vs. unsprued pieces yesterday. The part-count charge must be extreme, because I uploaded both versions and the unsprued one was more than triple the price (even after applying the sintershell).

4. AlanHudson
    AlanHudson Shapeways Employee Dev Team
    In order to compare price changes can you provide links to both models or the model id's. That way we can directly compare the two models and the generated prices. Nothing has changed with the pricing model recently that I know of.

5. adbinc
    adbinc Well-Known Member
    Alan, I did replace the files on the minis with the new files. I didn't create new minis as I expected to simply replace the files with ones that would be less expensive as they were smaller.

The following are no longer for sale:

WRU797PJY
    9QMZXHCSS
    WH5VH45CU
    GVLZCUEJ3
    6BK4CL6NF

6. ecs_norway
    ecs_norway Well-Known Member
    Avim; I cannot provide the files directly without permission from adbinc as I was sculpting on their behalf, but the items they pointed you to are the ones in question.