Underlord Dota2 Figurine In Full Color Sandstone

Discussion in 'Feature this!' started by Txeroki, Feb 6, 2018.

1. Txeroki
    Txeroki Member
    Dear Shapeways community managers,

Here I finally have photos of the real 3D printed product of my model Dota 2 Underlord (https://www.shapeways.com/product/KJPYXVG6B/dota2underlord), which is the latest sucessfully printed item of my collection of Dota 2 figures I have personally sculpted and textured myself thanks to the VALVE-Shapeways partnership.

Digitally sculpting the details on this model took me a lot of time, effort and care, as also did the sculpting of the other figurines in my Dota 2 collection, but this one particularly because of all the scaly detail the character has all over his skin, among other things in this great concept by the VALVE Dota 2 art team.

I hope you will find it worth featuring as well as the other Dota 2 figurines I have created and printed out so far (Queen of Pain and Lycan), since it would do me good to get some exposure since so far I've been doing this for quite a few months now and haven't gotten a single sale. I model and texture all my figurines from scratch and it takes me a considerable amount of time and work to produce them, so hopefully I would be able to make some sales to make the work I do something I can continue to do for a long time here on Shapeways.

I appreciate your possible interest in featuring my work. Thank you,

Jeronimo Martinez

MitchellJetten likes this.
  2. Frozenrain
    Frozenrain Well-Known Member
    The texture is good. But the movements are not. Why don't you make it more lively ?

3. Txeroki
    Txeroki Member
    Hey, thanks for the critique!

You have a good point there, but I chose to leave the pose like that since really, the character in the game doesn't differ too much when you play him (swipes his arm when he attacks and besides that just walks, or maybe some pose when he cast's a magic attack), and if that pose is good enough for VALVE's presentation of the character (seen in the image below), then it's good enough for me.

Thanks though for the input, I will take it in consideration for the future.

UnderlordRef1.jpg UnderlordRef3.jpg

4. CurtisAC
    CurtisAC Member
    Thank you so much for such a good model of Underlord. It looks fascinating and can not be criticized!
    Just a masterpiece!

Last edited: Mar 23, 2021
    byzykw and carlstensfer102 like this.