Shapeways Is Proud To Offer Eos Pa11

Discussion in 'Official Announcements' started by gregorykress, Mar 28, 2019.

1. gregorykress
    gregorykress Shapeways Employee CEO
    Hello Shapeways Community,

Starting today, Shapeways is proud to offer EOS PA11, a market-ready solution for orthosis and prosthesis. This material will be accessible to all designers and businesses in the Shapeways community.

PA11 is a biocompatible nylon material that is optimal for use in exterior medical applications such as customized orthotic braces and prosthetics. It is tensile, durable, and impact-resistant with a high elongation at break point. PA11 will be offered in a natural white finish that can be easily dyed to any color.

To learn more and receive a quote, please find the PA11 material page.

Thank you,
    Greg

2. TrentTroop
    TrentTroop Well-Known Member
    Is this going to be made into a storefront material at any point? I'd like to know if there's a reason for me to start working with it.

BCDesign likes this.
  3. barkingdigger
    barkingdigger Well-Known Member
    Nifty material, but I'm not sure this is aimed at us small-time hobbyists - the whole "request a quote" thing says "don't bother if you're not a big company" to me. Are we going to get actual pricing formulas eventually?

4. lawrencekramer2014
    lawrencekramer2014 Well-Known Member
    Please add a materials page for this material and add to the 'select a material' selection in the my models selection. That way we can start to order it and give it a try.

5. TrentTroop
    TrentTroop Well-Known Member
    This somehow got posted to the wrong thread.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2019