Rhino Users: Ennoble Plug-in For Bedazzling?

Discussion in 'Software and Applications' started by Bathsheba, Mar 14, 2019.

1. Bathsheba
    Bathsheba Well-Known Member
    Swarovski made a Rhino plug-in for putting rhinestones on everything
    https://www.food4rhino.com/app/ennoble
    Tutorials here https://www.ennoble.io/tutorials
    It hooks into their catalog for picking parts, spaces them out for you, does sockets and prongs, tries to do generative pave with texture-map adaptivity, etc bedazzling stuff.

They say it's in beta, which I'm guessing means they haven't decided whether or how much to charge for it. I found it to be generally working and straightforward.

Anyone tried this? My main question is whether the prongs it makes will work with SW's cast metal materials.

2. Dear Bathsheba,

Thanks for posting.

The prongs in the current Ennoble beta distribution will work with the SW cast metal materials. Once you’ve placed the prongs, use the Create Cavity command to bake and join the prongs to your base model resulting in one closed polysurface, ready for 3D printing. Ennoble works with meshes, polysurfaces, and subdivision surfaces so you won’t have to deal with unnecessary format conversions between other CAD programs in your toolkit, depending on your workflow.

Currently the prongs are however aesthetic (as shown in the examples below), i.e. they are not pre-configured for gemstone settings or “stone holder prongs” as referenced in the SW Cast Metals Materials Design Guidelines. Here again we recommend considering automatic cavity generation (with optional glue pocket creation) for Swarovski Crystal applications as this feature set *does* include presets and configuration options in accordance to the actual component geometries and your production settings.

[​IMG]
    Fig.1 - Interpretation of the Dalí & Schiaparelli "Eye of Time" created using the Ennoble catalogs, prongs and cavity settings for Rhino3D®.

[​IMG]
    Fig 2. - Pebble Oval created using the Ennoble catalogs, prongs and cavity settings for Rhino3D®.

Another command you may find interesting is the Create Cup Mesh (Video Tutorial) as this feature set was partly inspired by the new design languages and capabilities which have emerged with the 3D printing boom (as shown in further examples below). The command allows you to transform meshes & solid models into printable, self-sustaining structures with predefined cavity settings and customization options for rendering, prototyping and metal production.

[​IMG]
    Fig. 3 - Aerial Jewel Box created using the Ennoble catalogs, pavé for surfaces, and cup mesh creation feature set for Rhino3D®.

[​IMG]
    Fig. 4 - Aerial Pebble Necklace created using the Ennoble catalogs, pavé for surfaces, and cup mesh creation feature set for Rhino3D®.

[​IMG]
    Fig. 5 - Aerial Star created using the Ennoble catalogs, pavé for surfaces, and cup mesh creation feature set for Rhino3D®.

[​IMG]
    Fig. 6 - Aerial Swan created using the Ennoble catalogs, pavé for surfaces, and cup mesh creation feature set for Rhino3D®.

[​IMG]
    Fig. 7 - Ennoble Vapor Model Close Up created using the Ennoble catalogs, pavé for curves and cavity settings for Rhino3D®.

[​IMG]
    Fig. 8 - Ennoble Vapor Model created using the Ennoble catalogs, pavé for curves and cavity settings for Rhino3D®.

Looking forward to hearing more from you and the community. Please also feel free to reach out to us directly at support@ennoble.io.

Cheers,
    Graham

www.ennoble.io
    www.ennoble.io/youtube
    www.food4rhino.com/app/ennoble

Last edited: Apr 2, 2019
    Bathsheba, Shea_Design and EvieL like this.
  3. EvieL
    EvieL Well-Known Member
    Whoa such nice renders!

4. Bathsheba
    Bathsheba Well-Known Member
    Hi, thanks for getting back, great post! That's good to know about the prongs, and I look forward to using the software more. It's really nice to have the catalog on tap.

5. Dear Bathsheba, Shapeways Community,
    Good news: our latest release now includes the Swarovski Zirconia catalog with new features for prong and cutter builder settings or “stone holder prongs” as referenced in the SW Cast Metals Materials Design Guidelines. Hopefully this now better caters to your initial query. As an existing subscriber, simply login to Rhino3D® and you should receive a notification to update remotely (active internet connection required).

If you also happen to be working in 2D, we invite you to try Ennoble for Adobe® Illustrator® with *rendered* crystals and gemstones. Both plugins now provide over 1200 3D geometries of Swarovski cut & size combinations with remote catalog updates in accord to seasonal launches and exportable bill of materials which automatically compiles the list of components utilized in your designs.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2019
  6. Hello, I am trying to start Ennoble in Rhino. The plugin also launches and requires password and username. I have received a password and username from Ennoble. Unfortunately, the program does not accept them.
    What can I do ?
    Bea

7. Dear Bea,
    Thank you for your interest in Ennoble. Please contact us at support@ennoble.io so that we can better troubleshoot the installation issue you are facing.