Recent Forum Feedback...

Discussion in 'Official Announcements' started by gregorykress, Aug 14, 2018.

1. avim
    avim Shapeways Employee Product Team
    Yes - you'll have a week to download a comparison spreadsheet before this goes live.

m0rris likes this.
  2. m0rris
    m0rris Member
    Perfect, thank you for the speedy reply, that'll be very helpful!

avim likes this.
  3. adbinc
    adbinc Well-Known Member
    Avi, thanks for the response. That lets me plan ahead -- I can reprice a couple of materials on the fly far easier than I can try to get up 50 products in two days.

Jean

4. reducedAircraftFactory
    reducedAircraftFactory Well-Known Member
    @avim: Another thing to double-check is that the pricing shown by the tools accurately reflects the orientation set for the product.

With the current tools, my most recent model is $40.73 in Detail Plastic (FUD) at the default orientation. The default orientation is upside-down, which is not surprising for a biplane since it requires less support material to put the top wing at the bottom. (I don't actually sell it in Detail Plastic at that scale for various reasons, so I can feel free to experiment without affecting any customer orders. I do sell in in Detail Plastic at smaller scales.)

However, if I go into the 3D tools, select Smooth Fine Detail Plastic, and change the orientation to right-side-up, the price stays at $40.73. It should be more expensive since that orientation requires more support material.

avim likes this.
  5. avim
    Thanks! This is on our long-term roadmap to tackle at some point, but we just eat that cost for now and charge for the cheapest orientation.

adbinc likes this.
  6. adbinc
    adbinc Well-Known Member
    It is getting pretty late for us on the 22nd. Any idea about the revised release date for this now?

Sorry to be pushy, but my release day is the May 1 and I'd like to be sure the new prices are in effect then. It will help my customers who might pick up some older ships as well as our new ones.

Thanks,

Jean

7. avim
    Hi Jean, please see the update here. Testing ran a bit late yesterday so the announcement went out this morning instead. We remain on track for the 4/29 release:
    https://www.shapeways.com/forum/t/update-on-fine-detail-plastic-pricing.99010/#post-234505

adbinc likes this.
  8. adbinc
    adbinc Well-Known Member
    Avi, thanks for keeping us informed.

Folks, I am sure you got an email about the new prices. Do check them. One of my items went from almost $60 to nearly $350!!

I have 2730 line items

1668 of those are not affected by the minimums.
    386 of those are staying steady or dropping.
    622 are going up by 30% or more.
    391 of those are going up 50% or more.
    172 of those are going up 75% or more.
    68 of those are going up 100% or more.
    1 is going up 200+%
    The one I mentioned is going up 483%.

37% of my items in Fine Detail Plastic are going up by more than 30%.
    The good news is that many of the items loaded after October 22 are dropping some in price.

Jean

9. 3401_deleted
    3401_deleted Well-Known Member
    At least, you got a mail... Are we going to be left in the dark ?

10. catslady123
    catslady123 Well-Known Member
    adbinc and avim like this.