Preview Of Upcoming Holiday Promotions

Discussion in 'Official Announcements' started by virginia_gordon, Nov 19, 2018.

1. FerretDesigns
    FerretDesigns Well-Known Member
    Nope, they'd have announced it by now if they were actually running anything.
    Total wall of silence.

2. sleepingcamper
    sleepingcamper Active Member
    It's either the financial situation is not in a good shape or everybody's drunk celebrating Thanksgiving :) I'm sure there is some sort or explanation, but will probably never know.

3. cahn
    cahn Member
    Wait, am I the only one who got an announcement in my email this morning? I actually came to the forum to find out what was going on with it and whether anyone else had more details!

The email was from "Ryan of Shapeways" talking about a Cyber Monday sale (although there were no details, like what the sale was actually going to BE). I order from Shapeways maybe 3 times a year so it's not like I'm a power customer; I assume other people are getting this too??

4. rolsen01
    rolsen01 Well-Known Member
    I just received an email this morning from SW stating they are having a Cyber Monday 2019 sale, and stay tuned for an email Monday morning announcing details.
    A couple of issues I see with tis. As a store owner with thousands of customers, if I receive the email Monday morning, by the time I get it out to them, they will have lost at least half a day's sale, or may not even check social media until later.
    Secondly, I can't send it out to them before Monday, prompting them that there will be a sale, BECAUSE if its for designers ONLY (which the last two sales have been, and of no use to me, as I don't buy my own products), then customers are not included, and that would piss a lot of folks off.. So, I'll probably just ignore it this year, and not bother posting it for anyone.
    IF they happen to log into Shapeways, they may see it somewhere posted.
    Not much of a marketing department plan here guys.

swinks likes this.
  5. FerretDesigns
    Yeah I got the odd "Ryan from Shapeways" one as well, directly after posting on the forum...

6. swinks
    swinks Active Member
    Yeah I got the Ryan email as well, wonder if it was to everyone or just the people that posted in this thread

Funny business decisions and agree with @rolsen01 with everything he said.

I just checked out iMaterialise and they have a 15% sale, but lets see if any comes here otherwise will place a order there. It's sad as I am sure there are quite a few of us that have hundreds of items in our stores and everyone is waiting for this time of the year to make a purchase due to the rise in costs. This year me me resulted in a 40% drop in the number of parts sold as last year was almost 600 items.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 30, 2019
  7. rolsen01
    This year me me resulted in a 40% drop in the number of parts sold as last year was almost 600 items.

Yep, I sold as many parts this YEAR as I did in December alone last year during the sale, 90% drop in sales since the price increase.. went from 2000 items a month to around 230.

8. Hi, I would like to know if my orders on Shapeways are made in USA?

9. rapidpro
    rapidpro Member
    Hi, if you are located in the US or Canada your order will be made in the USA.

10. swinks
    swinks Active Member
    If you are in Australia they are made in the US. From what I heard only the Europe orders are made in the Netherlands

11. GorgsEmporium
    GorgsEmporium Member
    So I just saw the email and it's a 10% discount with a $25 minimum. While I was hoping for more, I understand their profit margins may be getting thinner and thinner.

However, this does not work for anybody who is using an Etsy integration unless the base cost of producing their 3D file is $25. For instance if a customer on Etsy pays $45 for an item that costs you $15 to make, you can't take advantage of the 10% discount as you would only be placing an order for $15. However if the same customer came to Shapeways and placed the same order (assuming you priced it at $45 on shapeways too) then they could use the coupon.

And even further this is a problem because if they get the discount on Etsy for 10% off $45 ($4.50 discount) that only translates to a ($1.50 discount) for you. So this coupon only "works" if you direct all traffic through to Shapeways.

This discrepancy needs to be fixed asap for this sale. Can we please remove the order minimum?? Or get a free shipping code?

12. rolsen01
    AND if you read the disclaimer, the discount does NOT apply to the following materials: sandstone, platinum, silver, gold, brass, gold plated brass, copper, rhodium plated brass and bronze. Good thing I only sell plastics. That'll be a tough advertising plan for the jewelry folks I'm thinking.

13. FerretDesigns
    Welp...That wasn't worth waiting for.
    The majority of what I get made now is for materials that are excluded from the sale.
    Also, better prep exactly what you want folks as the code is only valid ONCE per customer unlike most other sales we've seen...

14. CaptH
    CaptH Well-Known Member
    The offer has taken place, we were just notified the previous weekend. At least I got an email Saturday saying that they would contact me via email about Cyber Monday sales - anyway, in case that wasn't obvious, from today Dec. 2nd up to Dec. 4th 10% discount off $25 or higher purchases.

15. MrNibbles
    MrNibbles Well-Known Member
    Well this explains why I didn’t see an offer anywhere. Apparently on Sep 25th I became a non-entity. Sorry, not everyone makes their email address the center of their daily universe. Why no reaching out within the Shapeways website account?

Really? Exactly what manners of contact are considered hearing from users? Perhaps you’d like a Haiku posted in the forum every once in a while?

16. EvieL
    EvieL Well-Known Member
    Wow again with the jewelry metal exceptions.

17. Ontogenie
    Ontogenie Well-Known Member
    This is completely bizarre. Usually companies try to build their email lists, not reduce them.

A Haiku now and then would be very nice, though. :)

18. I got either , and 10% is not good but better than 0% , so I placed my order already
    I still want to suggest them don't show their sale just at the day on sale
    Make sure it’s aviliable at homepage since a month ago, espacially the days people check their shoppinglist
    Otherwise how can they promise their designer that they can sale the goods?
    I'm from Shanghai China , we just celebrate double 11 , The Single Day , also the biggest online shopping holiday, online platforms were crazy since october.
    You know why? The most powerful platform saled 38 billion dollars goods at the one-day-sale, only one , while the Black Friday totally finished 7.4 billion online sale this year
    Obviously , whatever how much they saled , either Double 11 or Black Friday know how to make the sale work , let customers know plus a good % , freeshipping better
    I have to pay $30 for shipping , and , 15% tax , which make it extremely expensive , force me to order only at sale...
    BTW, Shanghai at the freeshipping area of China , which means we have a good chance to freeshipping from domestic store , most store will freeshipping while the order is more than $9 because It's really cheap... I think it's the reason why our online business bloom...

Last edited: Dec 3, 2019
  19. MrNibbles
    MrNibbles Well-Known Member
    No code to be found.
    New models were uploaded.
    There was no order.

That B.A.S.F.
    They bought a 3D service.
    It was not Shapeways.

20. Ontogenie
    Ontogenie Well-Known Member
    :D:p:D