New Style Of Wax Seal Stamp, Calligraphy, Etc.

Discussion in 'Feature this!' started by KSND, Feb 6, 2020.

1. KSND
    KSND Member
    It began with getting into dip pen calligraphy, lead to custom font design, and branched off into wax seal stamps... (one thing always leads to another!).

I wanted a wax seal stamp that could be easily carried around without getting lost. So that meant it had to be worn, but I'm not much into bulky rings. So that meant a necklace. After diddling around with a few concepts, I settled on a "parthenon" look (which to my knowledge is a novelty) because I felt like it gave me everything I wanted:
    -works great as a necklace
    -looks just as good as a small desk ornament
    -small form factor, but plenty of room to grab the top without fingers getting near the wax
    -top provides the perfect space to have the "positive" image of the stamp at full 1:1 size, so you know exactly what the stamp looks like, and at which orientation (a common complaint for traditional seal stamps)

I hope you like them (I certainly do!).
    https://www.shapeways.com/product/7FVZV2RQ8/

brass, steel, nylon_1280x960.jpg brass - side_1280x960.jpg brass - hanging_1280x960.jpg

gordonlardi likes this.
  2. johnwhiteqb13
    johnwhiteqb13 Member
    Where did you buy it?

Looks great. I need one.

3. KSND
    KSND Member
    Link is in the post above ^^^

4. johnwhiteqb13
    johnwhiteqb13 Member
    I love them! I will definitely buy them, I just don't understand why I don't have them in my collection yet. I am just in love with classic items and designs. I also like to design stamps by myself, and it isn't as difficult as it seems. I always use the online stamp maker MyStampReady which is very easy to use and I like that it has many features which make the process of creation very pleasant.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2022