Hooks And Backs Discontinuation

Discussion in 'Official Announcements' started by victoriam, Sep 25, 2017.

1. victoriam
    victoriam Shapeways Employee Community Team
    In December of last year we launched a new pilot for hooks and backs. For 10 months, we offered these extras in the jewelry marketplace to understand how we could offer jewelry findings.

During this pilot, we listened to your feedback and learned that the project was not meeting your expectations. As a result, we have decided to discontinue the pilot for hooks and backs, effective September 29th, 2017.

With that said, this is not the end for our goal of helping jewelers create a complete jewelry product with Shapeways. Currently, we are looking into other implementations to make these type of offerings more effective, which you will see shortly. We are not slowing down our progress in furthering jewelry here at Shapeways. We have exciting new launches, contests, and partnerships in the works which you will see in the coming weeks.

Thank you for your understanding and please provide any and all feedback that you may have. You may reach out to Virginia and I personally at jewelry@shapeways.com or post in the forum thread here.

Thank you,

Victoria & Virginia

Shapeways Community Managers

2. SnoozeAlongSnail
    SnoozeAlongSnail Well-Known Member
    I definitely hope a revised version of this feature becomes available, as I had wanted to try it :)
    Designing jewelry is so much fun!

3. UniverseBecoming
    UniverseBecoming Well-Known Member
    What caused this second failure? How was it not meeting our expectations? What steps is Shapeways taking to make this work? The discontinuation didn't effect me at all, I'm just curiuos what cuases the failure becuase I like to think about solveing problems. It's my hobby. :p

crashtestdummy likes this.
  4. IntelXeon
    IntelXeon Well-Known Member
    probaly becus of the masive price increase, no longer high demand on these certain items?

crashtestdummy likes this.
  5. PlumFox
    PlumFox Member
    So what's the state of this? Looks to me like nothing happened on this topic since 2017? It would be great to at least have soft rubber backings as an add-on (like the chains), so customers could wear their jewelry right away.

satorstudio likes this.