Announcements - Stratasys J750 + Shopify Integration Is Live!

Discussion in 'Official Announcements' started by gregorykress, Sep 25, 2018.

1. gregorykress
    gregorykress Shapeways Employee CEO
    We have two major announcements for the community today!

Full Color: Stratasys J750 is here!
    Shapeways and Stratasys are making full-color, multi-material 3D printing more accessible to designers and creators. Shapeways is ramping up the technology in our Long Island City factory now! We announced it today at the TCT Show in the UK, showcasing models from Casey Steffen, founder of Biologic Models, a member of the Shapeways community.

The Stratasys J750 3D Printer offers more than 500,000 color combinations, highly accurate color-matching, transparent to opaque color gradients, and advanced clear material with texture bringing to life even the finest, most delicate details. The PolyJet-driven solution creates parts that look, feel, and operate like finished products. Since Stratasys first announced it in April 2016, we started getting requests in the Forum!

We are taking sign ups for beta customers on our J750 page and plan to roll it out more broadly in 2019.

Shopify Integration is Live!
    We just launched our Fulfilled by Shapeways plug in on the Shopify App store! It went live today. This has been another big request from the community, many of whom sell beyond the Shapeways marketplace on Shopify. We want to support sellers wherever they want to do business, especially in time for the holidays!

This integration automatically connects Shopify stores directly to Shapeways’ 3D printing manufacturing and fulfillment network, giving you seamless access to 3D printing technology in 40 materials and finishes. No more manual order entry after this integration!

The team will be following up sharing more about support we are providing for sellers during the holidays, including sharing our Holiday Readiness Guide (hundreds of Shapeways community members and sellers provided tips and advice), materials guide, and holiday shipping calendar, all for free to help set you up for the holidays and support you.

We also relaunched the section on our site with services for “Sellers”. We have also rewritten and relaunched our API tools and documentation, for developers.

More to come,
    Greg

Model_Monkey, EvieL, NickFSW and 3 others like this.
  2. mkroeker
    mkroeker Well-Known Member
    Nice, but I trust there will be more information than just that colorful landing page ? Last time the Stratasys printer came up in the forum, there were some (unanswered) misgivings about file format support and more seriously about the long-term stability (embrittlement) of the printed parts. (Some indication of price point relative to current FCS would be nice as well, given that there are other, less well known options already on the market)

3. MrNibbles
    MrNibbles Well-Known Member
    Finally I'll be able to print the remaining parts in color for my ill fated diorama that only had some parts printed before the last full color plastic offering was discontinued. Some things you just can't do with full color sandstone. But I'm still looking forward to the HP Fusion color printer that works ten times as fast at half the cost!

4. woody64
    woody64 Well-Known Member
    Looking forward to see a series of test prints here to judge if the j750 video I've seen are telling the truth about colors and surface of the prints.

5. Ittyblox
    Ittyblox Member
    Signed up immediately :) great news!
    Good time to support 3MF file format? Or at least .obj with .mtl files? VRML is very unstable for 3dp purposes.

2239068_deleted likes this.
  6. baltimore
    baltimore Member
    When I add the Shapeways model ID to the shopify app and click save, it changes to 0

7. johnnywang
    johnnywang Shapeways Employee
    thanks for the feedback: we've reached out to address your concern. If anyone has questions about the Shopify integration, please mail them to storefronts@shapeways.com

8. crashtestdummy
    crashtestdummy Well-Known Member
    I wonder what opaque name they are going to give it? Is ultramega corse polished super professional plastic taken yet? Maybe a renaming of everything as the new names still aren't driving enough custemers away?

MANDELWERK likes this.
  9. barkingdigger
    barkingdigger Well-Known Member
    Without any materials specs it is hard to decide if joining the J750 Beta programme is worthwhile - any chance you'll give us those specs soon?

Malwen likes this.
  10. Foxworks
    Foxworks Member
    I'd like to have some more information about the Shopify plugin. It was teased as part of the Holiday Readiness Bundle, and I expressed my interest in the email contact I had with Shapeways about this, but didn't hear back. I don't have a Shopify shop at the moment, but I may be interested in opening one to reach a wider audience for my Shapeways designs if this plugin does what I hope it does, but the available information is pretty sparse at the moment. If I do decide to do this I'd like to have everything up and running in time for the holidays!

11. lawrencekramer2014
    lawrencekramer2014 Well-Known Member
    Thank you for the Shopify plugin app development.
    I will be opening a shopify store as soon as I figure out what URL to buy, my existing shapeways shop name already exists inside shopify (who knew?...). I hope I am correct in assuming a single location shopify format if all orders are automatically fulfilled by shapeways, even though inside shapeways, some orders may be fulfilled from the European branch. A step-by-step how to document in the shops help section for those of us who do not yet have a shopify store but will be getting one, and intend to keep shapeways fulfillment, would be greatly appreciated.
    Anyway, thanks again, now I just have to work on the details.

12. srnjm420
    srnjm420 Well-Known Member
    I am interested in the new printer... What is this printer and material best for? My shop is scale models of fire apparatus. Will they work with this?

Brian

13. V_Master
    V_Master Active Member
    Really hoping for some material specs soon or an idea of cost. But my biggest question is how transparent is this material? It looks more transparent then FUD and though I've been very much wanting a glass-like resin/material for a while this one looks very exciting!

14. SergiuCociuba
    SergiuCociuba Active Member
    I was waiting for the shopify app for a while now and it finally came. So I opened my shop on Shopify and here it is www.selenasjewellery.com . I managed to connect my own domain to it and so far so good. There are still a few things that would need to be added like chains for pendants. At the moment you can't add that option to your products. Or maybe there is a way to do it but I don't know it. The main thing that I'm happy about is that when someone orders something from your shop (shopify shop), the order goes straight to shapeways without redirecting you to the shapeways's website.

15. lawrencekramer2014
    Good to know, thanks for the update Sergiu. Is the tax and/or VAT and freight to customer being calculated by shopify or shapeways? I'm wondering how the payments to the various governments will be handled, hopefully we won't have to do it manually.

16. SergiuCociuba
    From what I understood, and I hope I understood correctly, it's the same like ordering from shapeways. The payments are handled by shapeways not shopify.

17. lawrencekramer2014
    Thanks, btw, the US prices on your main page are truncating, showing $8.40 instead of the real $38.40.
    Best Wishes,
    Lawrence

18. SergiuCociuba
    Those are the lowest prices shown on the main page. Still trying to figure out how to change that. Thanks

19. MrNibbles
    MrNibbles Well-Known Member
    Will there be any SW authorized color process prints be offered as a sample part for evaluation? Or perhaps added to a material sample kit?

20. LoveAndShapes
    LoveAndShapes Well-Known Member
    Very nice.... concratiolations :)
    I like that you have small video's on the product page.
    There is still some text covering the expresso video, and I wander if it would be possible to make the video not go to you tube when you click it. Or even better; hide the fact that its hosted on you tube completely.

Thank you for showing.

Regards, Robert